Monday, April 14, 2008

My new journey begins.......

WOW!! here I go trying something so foreign to me .....

I have been such a shy person and now here I am venturing out -
a journey of discovery about myself through the big world of arty craft in blogland.

Taking the first step was the hardest - it always is!!!

Only recently, I have been meeting some awesome people along the rocky road that I am travelling along at the moment. I have been encouraged to move through my distressing time and move out of my sheltered comfort zone and try new things. New friends, new opportunities it is just so exciting how a whole new world is opening up.

I visit Blue Bazaar and just love the caring people who visit there. It was through BB that Lisa and Steph came to visit. OHHHH that has been awesome soaking up some of their creativity and being inspired heaps by their gorgeous work. Just LOVE what you do girls , you both have such unique styles and my long lost mojo has returned. YAY.............. thank you so much girls.

The thread that we have been using on BB was getting rather long and Lisa suggested that it may just be time for me to start a blog!!! So here I am!!!!

We are having another scrapping day on April 23 and it looks like more BB Adelaide girls will be joining us. YIPPEE.
It is school holidays so the girls' children will be having an outing into the countryside too. It should be LOTS of fun.. I am SO looking forward to meeting all you other BB girls.

Before you all get here I will visit the reknown Lobethal Bakery bright and early, and stock up on their YUMMY pretzel rolls and buns for lunch. I am also REALLY hoping that everyone will bring their albums to show and tell. Such awesome creative people live in, and around Adelaide and I have seen some of their work in the mags and been SOOOO inspired over the years. I have been SO inspired by you girls and, did I say, I cant wait to meet you all.

( I am SO missing not having those cute little BB emoticons to play with !!!!!!! lol)

Another part of my journey is that I believe that I am being lead to establish a B&B called the Scrap Inn. Anyways I will talk about that at a later post.

Hugs til next time.



p.s. Oh did I say that I was excited about the BB girls visit!!!!

1 comment:

blaacraft said...

Hi Deb
I do believe I may be the first one to leave a comment??!!
Congrats on beginning a blog - I was really hesistant too, but now I have become quite fond of mine - like a friend who is always there to listen :)
I am really excited about coming along on Wednesday next week to meet everyone - and the B&B sounds FAB!!! - but a lot of work IYKWIM (less time creating!)
Can't wait to meet you!