Saturday, April 19, 2008

Here I used SU ink to sponge ink the background and SU stamps very lightly so that the gorgeous image would stand out. Kindy glitz gives her wings sparkle and the big flower has an old button holding it onto the card
Add ImageI had SO much fun playing with this image too, and how about that fab BG paper.
I would LOVE to find more of that lily-of-the-valley vintage lace though, it is so dainty and I have now used all of it!!.

As you can see, my florish stamps get used ALL the time!!!
LOVE 'em and I have just bought more so I will have a greater variety to use. I will post a couple of cards soon that I have done with my new SU florish stamps from the newly released catalogue.

The Latest on the SCRAP INN

Thank the Lord there have been green lights so far from the local council. It is getting VERY exciting and I have been lead to remain positive and keep on planning. I have So many ideas.

I am REALLY looking forward to being able to share the wonderful place where I live and give women a chance to truly relax and be themselves , unhindered, for a weekend of pampering.

This is what I am planning
  • New tables from Ikea (one table each , so there will be ample room to spread out) along with swivel office chairs for optimum comfort.
  • Good lighting is paramount - I am planning to have daylight globes-
  • a big workbench with tools that will be available for use during your stay
  • Sizzix machine and dies , embossing folders and
  • Cricut machine with several different cartridges. And I hope to have a sewing machine to stitch paper in there too.
I'll supply these things so you wont have to bring or carry so many heavy things.

Nice smelly organic soap products will be there also, a good friend has her own business selling these yummy 'Just Because' products.
Who would be interested in a nice massage ????? I am considering looking into inviting a local masseur, I trust that she may be able to work on weekends and travel out to the Scrap Inn. What do you think??? Would that be something that you may enjoy on your visit???
I would love to hear any comments to help me plan better.

Well, then there is the food ......... more on that at a later date , I need to know what people want.
Any ideas will be gratefully considered. I really want to be able to give you a weekend of total relaxation and all at an affordable cost.

Soon I will get some pics to post here of what this little retreat looks like at the moment. They will be 'before' photos because there is a bit of work to be done yet to 'pretty' the place up more.

Anyways
Remember to take time to enjoy life,
HUGS from Debs

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Deb, I just wanted to say how much I admire your work, I love getting the next installment from you with the circle journal and seeing what you have come up with. Hope you have fun with the Adelaide girls, I just wish I didn't live 5 hours away or I'd be there in a heartbeat.
A scrapbooking B&B sounds awesome and definately worth the 5 hour trip, I will keep checking in on progress there.
Take care,
xxxxSue

Anonymous said...

a masseuse is an awesome idea!

Peta's page said...

your blog rocks!!!! wow a scrap B&B!!!! that is awesome! hope it all goes well for you!